What is Pass Plus?
Statistics show that inexperienced drivers are around 10 times more likely to be involved in an accident within the first six months passing their test, and drivers under the age of 25 have higher chances of being involved in fatal or serious accidents compared to the older generations.
With this in mind, The Driving Standards Agency (DSA) (with the help of insurers and the driving instruction industry) have developed a training program that allows new drivers to enhance their existing skills and helps them to gain valuable experience under the supervision of a qualified driving instructor.
The course is designed to:
- build on your existing skills and knowledge teach you new skills and techniques on how to improve your anticipation and awareness skills
- gain valuable driving experience safely deal with a wide range of road and traffic situations, which you may have not faced before
- reduce your risk of being in a road crash boost your awareness of wide variety of hazards and help you learn how to actively anticipate and deal with potential dangerous calmly and confidently.
- save money on car insurance premiums obtain discounts on your insurance premiums, many insurance companies offer substantial discounts on your insurance premiums if you have successfully completed the course. The amount you save will depend on particular company you are dealing with, but there is a good chance that you may even save more than you paid for the course.
- boost your confidence gain confidence go solo, if you feel nervous of driving on your own, the PASS PLUS training can help you become more independent and confident drive
- give peace of mind to your loved ones provide reassurance for your loved ones by proving that you have successfully dealt with wide variety of road situations which you may not have experienced before.
What does the course involve?
PASS PLUS consists of six practical modules which cover:
- Town driving
- Driving in adverse weather conditions
- Driving rural roads
- Night driving
- Driving on Dual carriageways
- Driving On Motorways
You can take each module in accordance with your personal circumstances, but to be eligible for the insurence discounts and completion certificate from the Driving Standards Agency you will need to complete the course any time within the first 12 month of passing your test.
your driving will be continually assessed by your instructor and you will be provided with on going feedback. This will allow you to make your own assessment of your performance and help to highlight any weakness in your ability.
Once you have successfully completed all six modules, your instructor will certify your performance at either an achieved or exceeded
If you have recently passed your Driving test and you are contemplating improving your driving standards we at Monk School of Motoring can help. We have a team of instructors who are trained to assess your needs and equip you with the necessary skills to make you into a safe and responsible driver.
If you have any further queries, why not contact us to discuss your requirements.